5 reasons for family skiing holidays in Paznaun
Skiing holidays with children don't have to be exhausting or expensive. Why families should book their skiing holidays in Paznaun:
1. Loving childcare
In Paznaun, parents can spend some time just by themselves and entrust their little ones into loving childcare from Sunday to Friday at a very economical price. In Kappl, the "Sunny Mountain Club" starts from three years and is available from 9:00 to 15:30. Morning or afternoon childcare costs six euro without food. Children who are staying in a "Sunny Mountain member hotels" are even looked after here at no cost. All the details here. In See, all-day childcare from 9:30 to 16:00 in the guest kindergarten Kids Club costs only four euro with food for mini-guests from two years, one individual hour only one euro. All the details here. In Ischgl, 3 to 5-year-old holidaymakers will feel right at home in the skiing kindergarten. All the details: here. And in Galtür, the youngest ones are warmly welcome in the guest kindergarten from 9:00 to 16:00 from just 18 months of age. All the details here.
2. Family-friendly accommodation in all price ranges
The "Sunny Mountain member hotels" in Kappl are a network of child-friendly accommodations in all price categories, offering many inclusive services and extras for families. Thus children can expect e.g. a Flaxi lucky-dip bag on arrival, and are looked after in the "Sunny Mountain guest kindergarten" for free. All the details: here.
3. Children's discounts in the ski area
In Paznaun, children under the age of eight accompanied by one parent ski for free in all four ski areas. New in Ischgl in winter 2018/19 with the VIP ski pass (available with the guest card from Ischgl/Samnaun): Children under 10 years are free when accompanied by an adult. Good to know: In Galtür, teenagers under the age of 19 ski at the children's rate and families benefit when buying a family ski pass.
4. Pistes and fun parks for all requirements
In the four Paznaun ski areas, families will find skiing fun in a wide range of difficulty levels on a total of 365 km of slopes. Those who want a sniff at their first airtime are in the right place in the Funpark See on mogul training runs and medium-kickers. In the Funpark Alblitt in Kappl, beginners and the advanced can show their mettle on a beginners'- and medium-line at various obstacles. The advanced and whizzes can hone their performance in the two sectors in the Ischgl Snowpark powered by JEEP on rails, boxes and obstacles designed by Schneestern. And those looking for variety will find it in Galtür on the pistes and six sectors in the multiple award-winning Silvapark. Action-tip: A ride down into the valley with the zip line Ischgl Skyfly.
5. Snow guarantor Paznaun
Thanks to an altitude of 1,040 to 2,872 m above sea level and the special geographic location of the four ski areas, winter sports fans can expect unclouded skiing bliss in Paznaun from the end of November to the beginning of May.
Exciting activity dates for families in Paznaun
• Every Monday during the "first tracks in the snow" in Kappl, holders of a valid daily ski pass can enjoy skiing down freshly groomed slopes from as early as 8 o'clock in the morning.
• Every Tuesday evening in Kappl, moonshine tobogganing is the order of the day from 19:00 to 22:00 with a professionally led children's activity programme.
• Every Tuesday evening in Galtür at 20:30, everyone is invited to join in. At the traditional barrel stave race, the race kicks off on Gampele with borrowed barrel staves, which are used as a ski-like means of transportation during the race.
• Every Wednesday in Galtür, the 2.2 km long floodlit downhill run is open for night-time skiing from 19:30 to 22:30.
• Wednesdays, on 26/12/2018 and 02/01/2019, and Mondays, on 07/01, 28/01, 04/02, 11/02, 18/02, 25/02 and 04/03/2019, guests in See can use a floodlit piste and the floodlit 6 km long toboggan run in the evenings from 19:30 to 22:30.
• With 7 km of toboggan runs of more than 950 m elevation gain, Ischgl's night-time toboggan run is one of the longest runs in the Alps and is floodlit every Monday and Thursday from 19:00 to 22:00 in suitable weather conditions.
• The 6 km long natural toboggan run in See is considered one of the most scenic routes in Tirol and is open daily in suitable conditions.
• Concerts for kids: In Kappl on 19 and 26 February 2019, kids can enjoy unforgettable interactive concerts during the tobogganing evening with multiple award-winning German children's songwriter herrH. In Galtür on 27 February and 6 March 2019, kids can rock out at the children's concert with "Frank and his friends" and on 17 April 2019 with the band "3Berlin".
Further information is available at: www.paznaun-ischgl.com.