8th Silvretta Run 3000: mountain marathon from Ischgl to Galtür
Amateur runners and professional marathon runners will be put to the test from 19 to 20 July 2019 during the 8th Silvretta Run 3000, part of the Austrian Mountain Running Championships 2019. The route runs from Ischgl to Galtür, following a marathon and two shorter trail running tracks. The aim is to finish in the fastest time and secure the total prize money of 12,000 euros. Registration is open to participants now.
All routes lead to Galtür
Three imposing trail running routes on the 8th Silvretta Run 3000 guide runners from the start in Ischgl to the finish line in Galtür. In addition to the challenging marathon route, there is also a ‘Small’ (11.2 km and 306m elevation gain) and ‘Medium’ (29.9 km and 1,482m elevation gain) route on offer. 2019 will again offer the opportunity for individual as well as team and group ratings. For the team rating, one participant must tackle each route. All three times are then added together and the fastest team wins. The challenge cup for the group ratings can be claimed by the largest group, regardless of the time and route.
Silvretta Kids Run 2019
Up-and-coming runners aged 4 and above can get their first taste of marathon life during the Silvretta Kids Run on 19 July 2019. The race starts out at 17:00 in Galtür. As with the adult races, youngsters too have three distances to choose from. Depending on their age, there is a ‘Mini’ route (450m), ‘Midi’ route (1,000m) and ‘Maxi’ route (2,000m). All up-and-coming runners receive a medal and gift at the subsequent victory ceremony. The entry fee for children is 7 euros.
Running for a good cause
For each participant, 5 euros of the entry fee are donated to the charity partner ‘Wings for Life’ to support research projects and clinical studies across the world to heal patients with a spinal injury or paralysis. The Silvretta Run 3000 has been a ‘Bronze Partner’ of ‘Wings for Life’ since 2017.
More information and registration: www.silvrettarun3000.com.
Dates and facts
Dates: 19 and 20 July 2019
- Friday 19 July 2019 from 17.00: Silvretta Kids Run, Pasta Party, route briefing
- Saturday 20 July 2019: Start of Medium and Hard routes: 8.00; Start of Small route for runners Nordic Walker: 10.00; victory ceremony for all categories: approx. 15.30
- Small: 11.2 km / 306m elevation gain
- Medium: 29.9 km / 1,482m elevation gain
- Hard: 42.195 km / 1,814m elevation gain
- Register by 31.12.2018: 29 euros (Small); 36 euros (Medium and Hard)
- Register by 30.04.2019: 39 euros (Small); 46 euros (Medium and Hard)
- Register by 14.07.2019: 49 euros (Small); 56 euros (Medium and Hard)
- Register from 15.07.2019: 59 euros (Small); 66 euros (Medium and Hard)
- Register for Silvretta Kids Run: 7 euros
- All registrations received by 11.07.2019 will receive personalised start numbers.